Through a ranking system and serious and consolidated standards, we make a point of evaluating the best authorized betting sites in Australia. This information will not only allow you to have access to the best bonuses, but also to the best conditions to make the best sports bets online.
Horse racing betting sites online in Australia 2022
Bonus Follow our team of experts in helping you make your best bet
Bonus Ideal place for both beginners and professional players
Bonus Aussie payment options & cryptos
Bonus Wide range of online casino games, special tournaments, and magnificient promotions!
Australian horse racing betting sites
Maybe you're an Aussie or just a punter who follows horse races in Australia: in any case, you can find hundreds of online horse betting sites that will allow you to bet on all races held in this country. However, the important thing is not only to bet on the best horse, but also to have a safe, legal, enjoyable, and profitable experience: very few Australian sports betting sites offer you all of these.
But don't worry, because if you know how to find them, you can still find dozens of horse racing betting sites that you can use with confidence. We have created this site for this purpose: our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience for online horse racing betting and to select the best Australian bookmakers for this purpose. Below, you can find detailed information about the best online horse betting sites for races such as Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, and Preakness Stakes. However, this will just be the beginning: we will also give you tips on how you can make your betting on horse experience much more enjoyable and profitable.
Horse betting apps
First of all, let us state that you do not need desktop devices (laptop & PC) for online horse racing betting. Of course, you can continue to use them, but you can do the same with mobile devices and get a much more enjoyable experience. This is because betting on horse with mobile devices gives you complete freedom: you can try your luck for many races such as Santa Anita, Churchill Downs, and World Cup from anywhere and at any time.
At home, on the road, at work, on the go: all you have to do is use your phone or tablet to bet on the best horse. You don't need to go to the racetrack or look for a socket to plug in your laptop: mobile betting gives you real freedom and can sometimes allow you to take advantage of better bonuses. This is because horse racing betting sites tend to offer more and bigger bonuses to mobile players.
So, how can you do this? The first thing that comes to your mind is most likely to use an app. You can do this simply by visiting the official store of the operating system you are using. In other words, you can visit the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices. We recommend that you start with the following mobile applications, as they both support all mobile platforms (iOS & Android) and cover many horse races:
- SportsBetting.com.au (Boombet)
Note that you may need to be physically in Australia to view some of these apps: if you're in a different country, the content of the app stores will change accordingly. In addition, use this list for a quick start only. Most horse racing betting sites offer Android applications on their own new betting sites as APK files, not in the Play Store. In other words, Play Store is not your only option for Android devices: you can also download mobile applications directly from online horse betting sites too.
Consider using your browser
Before we move on to the next section, let's make a simple reminder: you don't have to use an app for mobile betting. Whether your favourite bookmaker has an app or not, you can simply continue to use web browsers. This will be the more practical option in most cases, as you won't have to install an app and constantly update it. Modern horse racing betting sites are designed to work directly on web browsers and do not require any download (this is what is meant by “instant play”). No matter what device and operating system you use, you can visit any bookmaker site as long as that device has a browser and you can instantly start using all the services offered (betting on horse, bonus, payments, support, etc.) without any problems. In other words, even horse racing betting sites that do not have a separate application are actually mobile friendly.
Horse racing betting sites with best odds
Every punter wants to bet with the best possible odds. For example, if you are betting on the Triple Crown, you want to not only choose the best horse, but also use the highest odds. This is a natural thing because odds determine how much you can win from your bet: therefore, the higher the better.
The problem is that most punters think there is only one "magic" betting site that always offers the highest odds for all types of horse races. Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, Preakness Stakes – whatever race they choose, they are confident that one “miracle” site will consistently deliver the best odds for any event. This is why most punters spend most of their gambling journey chasing a bookmaker that doesn't really exist.
We know you always want the highest odds for online horse racing betting, but this is not the way to get it. There is no single bookmaker that always offers good odds for horse races of all types. Australia is a market rich in legal horse racing betting sites and each of these bookies will set different odds before each race. For example, suppose a bookmaker named "ABC" offers fairly high odds for Santa Anita: this does not mean that this will always be the case. This bookmaker may also be offering odds well below the average for Churchill Downs, for example.
What this means is that you can't just pick one bookmaker and expect to always find the best odds on it. If you want to always bet with the highest possible odds for all races, you should visit numerous horse racing betting sites and examine the odds each one offers before placing your bet. You should always keep doing this for all kinds of events: you can find the best odds only by checking them one at a time.
While doing this, choosing bookmakers that generally offer odds that match or are slightly above the industry average will save you a lot of time. Therefore, to identify the horse racing betting sites that offer the best odds, we recommend checking these bookies one by one before any race:
Top horse racing betting sites in Australia
- Leon Bets
- Joo Sports
- Play AMO
Most sites out there pick a single bookmaker and try to convince you that it will always offer the highest odds. We don't do this: any of the bookmakers on this list may offer higher odds for any given race than the others, and all you have to do is visit each one to compare the odds before placing your bet. If you keep doing this for every race, you can actually find the highest odds for online horse racing betting.
Horse racing betting sites for the Melbourne CUP
If you want the best possible betting on horse experience, you need to use this approach in other matters as well. For example, let's say you are looking for horse racing betting sites for the Melbourne CUP. You want to have the best possible service, right? In other words, you want more than the high odds. Then, you should also use the principles we explained above to choose the best bookmaker for the Melbourne CUP or any other race.
The first step is to understand that there is no single bookmaker that always offers the best service for every punter. There is no "amazing" bookie that always delivers excellent service for all punters, regardless of age, habits, and expectations. Horse racing betting sites offer basically the same services, but how these services are offered and what they cover will be different at each site. Therefore, instead of chasing after a single “miraculous” bookmaker, you will need to visit many online horse betting sites to find the one that best suits you and your expectations. This is the only way to find the best bookmaker for the Melbourne CUP or any other race (Triple Crown, Santa Anita, World Cup, etc).
Let’s continue with our own choices. As of 2022, we think the best horse racing betting sites for the Melbourne CUP are the following, and for the same reason, we recommend starting your search with them:
So, why do we recommend these horse racing betting sites? First, let's point out that we don't claim that one of them is the “best one”. We mentioned above that every punter has different expectations and therefore the “best” will be different for everyone. We paid attention to this when preparing this list: you need to visit each one to find the best one for yourself. Any brand on our list may be the right choice for you, but we don't know what it will be: you have to find it yourself based on your own personal expectations.
Horse racing betting sites promotion offers
Bonuses are promotional offers that you can find on all horse racing betting sites. If they are chosen and used correctly, they can give you a real boost. In this section, we will not share a list of current bonuses that we recommend you use, as promotions are constantly changing. Instead, we'll share a general list of bonuses you can use and explain what to consider when evaluating them. You can find up-to-date promotion listings on our website: we are constantly updating our lists and making sure they always include the latest (and best) offers.
- Welcome bonus This is a bonus that can be found on almost all horse racing betting sites. It is offered only to new members and requires a certain amount of deposit. In return, the bookmaker matches the deposit amount at a certain rate and adds it to your account as a bonus balance. For example, if you deposit 15 AUD for a welcome bonus with a match rate of 200%, your account will be credited with a bonus balance of 30 AUD (15 x 2). In most cases, the bookmaker will also assign a free bet to your account too, especially if you are using a promo code. The difference of this promotion from the free bet bonus is that it is not immediately available. You can use the bonus balance obtained with the free bet immediately – if you win anything, you must complete the wagering requirement to withdraw your winnings. In welcome bonuses, on the other hand, the bonus balance is locked from the very beginning, the wagering requirement must be met before it can be used or withdrawn. The bonus balance you can earn with welcome bonuses is determined by the match rate and can be quite high. Even with a low match rate, offers with a high maximum bonus limit can give you as high as 3,000 AUD or even more. After completing the wagering requirement, you can use your bonus balance in any race like the Triple Crown, Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes or withdraw it directly to your bank account.
- Free bet bonus This may be the most common bonus on horse racing betting sites. It's a promotion offered to both new and existing members, and its name already explains how it works: you get a free bet to use on a particular race. It may or may not require a deposit, this is a matter determined by the bookmaker. Likewise, you may or may not need to use a promo code. So, what does this bonus do? It gives you a free balance that you can use to bet on a particular race. For example, you can get a balance of 10 AUD that you can use to bet on Churchill Downs. Likewise, it is possible to win a balance of 20 AUD which you can use for World Cup bets. The amount of the balance gifted by this bonus is different for each bookmaker, but it is possible to say that it generally varies within the range of 5 AUD - 20 AUD. If you win your bet with your free balance, the money is yours, but you are required to wager a certain amount of money to be able to withdraw or use it. We will explain what this means in more detail below.
- Reload bonus This promotion matches punters' deposits at a certain rate. In this respect, it works like a welcome bonus, but there are some important differences. First of all, the welcome bonus is for new members only and can be used once. (This is why it includes high match rates.) The reload bonus is an offer for existing members and can be used multiple times. In other words, you can take advantage of it every time you deposit (which is why the match rates are lower). For example, horse racing betting sites may offer a 30% match rate for your weekend deposits. Likewise, all deposits made during a particular event (e.g., Easter, Christmas, World Cup) may be offered a special match rate. This promotion, like any other, requires the completion of wagering requirements.
- Cashback bonus This promotion can be the most advantageous bonus on horse racing betting sites, as it usually does not require wagering. In other words, you can use or withdraw your bonus immediately. In its simplest form, a cashback bonus returns some of your losses during a certain period (for example, the previous week) to your account at regular intervals (for example, every Monday of the week). For example, let's say you lost 500 AUD in the Kentucky Derby: this bonus could give you a 100 AUD refund the next week. This is an automatic bonus, and the player does not need to do anything to take advantage of it (although it is sometimes required to use a promo code). And since you don't have to do any wagering, you can use or withdraw the refunded money immediately.
- Loyalty bonuses Horse racing betting sites reward the loyalty of their members and allow them to benefit from special bonuses as long as their membership continues. These programs are points-based and you earn a certain number of points for your wagers (for example, you earn 1 point for every 10 AUD wager). After collecting enough points, you can increase your level in the program and take advantage of new bonuses. For example, at level 2, a 20% weekly deposit bonus may be offered, but once you reach level 3, this rate will be 30%. Loyalty programs allow you to take advantage of many different types of bonuses. It is also possible to become a VIP member after a certain level: in this case, you can also start enjoying benefits such as special betting limits and a personal assistant.
Remember that you need to wager money
With the exception of cashback, each of these bonuses will require you to complete wagering requirements at some point. This means that a certain amount of money must be wagered on bets that meet the specified conditions. For example, a bookmaker may ask you to wager the balance you have obtained with the welcome bonus 5 times and use single bets with a minimum odds of 1.25 for this job. Likewise, it may be asked to wager money in a specific type of race such as Santa Anita, Preakness Stakes, or Triple Crown.
Wagering terms will determine how advantageous horse racing betting sites bonuses will actually be, so pay attention to them. Make sure the money that needs to be wagered fits within your budget. Otherwise, do not take advantage of the bonus at all, as your bonus will be automatically cancelled if you fail to fulfil the requirement.
Horse betting sites payment methods
For an enjoyable and lucrative experience, it is not enough to just choose the best horse, you also need to make sure that your payments are completed smoothly. Fortunately, this is not a difficult task to achieve, as horse racing betting sites allow you to take advantage of many payment methods. In this regard, the rule is simple: the more options you have, the better. You can commonly find the following payment methods at Australian bookmakers:
- Credit Cards: VISA, MasterCard, and American Express are the basic options you can use, and they're all very practical. Paying with a credit card at horse racing betting sites is no different than using them at any other online merchant: simply entering your card number is enough to complete the transaction. You don't have to pay any transaction fees either.
- Electronic Wallets: You can use almost all e-wallet services operating in Australia at horse racing betting sites too. This includes services such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and EcoPayz. Electronic wallets also have native mobile applications and allow you to complete all your payments in a very short time without the need to share your financial information.
- Voucher Codes: You can buy Neosurf and AstroPay voucher codes from any retail store in Australia and use them to deposit without having to share your financial information. Deposits made using this method do not require you to pay any fees and the transaction is completed instantly. However, this option cannot be used for withdrawals.
- Wire Transfer: While they are very safe, it is not a good idea to deposit or withdraw with wire transfers, as they take a long time to complete. In some cases, bank transfers can take 2 – 3 days. However, if you prefer online banking, you can make instant payments even with your bank account. POLi offers you this option: it is a service that allows you to use your bank account as an electronic wallet and make instant transfers.
In addition to these, it is possible to use cryptocurrencies at some horse racing betting sites. While not as practical as the above, this option offers more security and privacy. The number of bookmakers supporting crypto is growing, so it might be a good idea to start using them now.