Real Bookie review Australia sign up bonus
🎁 advantage Great odds across Racing, AFL, NRL, NBA and more! Is owned and operated in Victoria, Australia
Realbookie was founded in 1996 as a land-based betting business by Mark Sampieri. Mr Sampieri started offering its services online in 2020 by partnering with Chris Lester, who is the current Joint Chairman of the Victorian Bookmakers Association. This means you can expect satisfactory content in terms of horse and greyhound racing. As a matter of fact, Realbookie is still managed by this duo and is in a good position in the local market in terms of racing betting. However, in terms of sports betting, it cannot compete with new Aussie bookmakers much due to its limited services.
Realbookie has a Racing Victoria license and operates only in Australia (excluding Western and South Australia). The website is only available in English and the only currency available that can be used is the Australian dollar. This is a small-scale sportsbook and does not have any sponsorship or awards, but its list of approved wagering providers includes names like NRL, AFL, and Racing NSW.
Realbookie Betting Markets
As can be guessed by its founders and license, the main focus of Realbookie is racing. Horse and greyhound racing, to be more specific. So, if you are interested in racing betting, you will find the content more than satisfactory. Sports betting is the other market available on this bookie, but the number of sports & leagues is pretty limited, especially when compared to other new bookies Australia. These are the services and supported markets of this bookmaker:
- Racing: Gallops Racing, Greyhound Racing, Harness Racing, Thoroughbred Racing
- Sports: Rugby League, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Australian Football, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Darts, Golf, Handball, Ice Hockey, Snooker, Volleyball
- Leagues: PlusLiga, CEV Cup, ATP, GNP, NRL, AFL, NHL, NBA, EPL, NBL, etc.
There are no political or novelty bets, but lots of futures bet options are available for racing. Australian Football is similar to rugby but played without any protective equipment. And “Rugby League” refers to NRL, which is the official rugby league in both Australia and New Zealand since 1998. While the list of sports is long enough, Realbookie mostly supports well-known major leagues only. This, however, does not apply to racing: from Auckland Cup to Australian Guineas, almost all AU/NZ and international races are covered.
Rugby, Australian Football, and Football are the main options in this section. American Football is not available. As can be guessed, the “football” category offers the most options. You can bet on A-League, EPL, UEFA Champions League, AFL, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, FA Cup, and many other leagues. Realbookie website uses the white-label services of BetMakers, so this is the company that provides the odds.
At the time of this review, Realbookie was not offering e-sports betting. This is a small-scaled operator that primarily focuses on horse racing and greyhound racing. We don’t expect to see e-sports betting anytime soon. If you are interested in this type of betting, check out new betting websites. Our list of new bookmakers Australia contains lots of options you can pick from.
Australian licensed betting sites cannot provide casino games as a gambling service in this country, due to local laws. Therefore, Realbookie does not have an online casino section.
This bookmaker does not offer any poker games and/or is not a part of a poker network. Note that this applies to all licensed bookmakers Australia: online poker is not a game that can be offered legally in this country.
At the time of our review, Realbookie was not offering a live betting service. However, note that even it starts offering this option in the future, it will be via phone, not online. As it is known, betting agencies Australia cannot provide online live betting, this service can only be offered via phone. You call a number, tell your pick & stake, and the related amount is withdrawn from your sportsbook balance. That being said, you can still place futures bets for horse racing and watch the races in real-time. The “TV” section of the bookie offers live streams of almost every horse race out there. Lots of Australian bookmakers do not have this option, so it is a plus.
How to Register at Realbookie and Verify Your ID?
The “join” button on the top right corner of every page can be used to start the registration process. Click the button to open the new membership form, it consists of two pages. The first page asks for your email, date of birth, and mobile phone number. (You also select a username and a password here.) The second page is for entering your name and address. You can complete the whole process in mere minutes and log in with your credentials. The registration phase is not different from other betting websites Australia.
Due to Anti-Money Laundering laws, all legal bookmakers Australia must verify the identity of their customers within 14 days of registration. Realbookie uses a “point system” for this job: the types of documents required for verification have different point values and you have to get 100 points to complete the process. In this context, a passport and birth certificate are worth 70 points, and a driver’s license 40 points. So, you can complete the verification just by sending copies of these two documents to customer service. But remember that if you're depositing with a credit card, you'll need to verify it too: for this, you'll also need to send a copy of the front and back of your card.
If you are looking for a Realbookie deposit bonus or a Realbookie promo code that will unlock a welcome pack, you may be disappointed. These promotions are common in US and EU-based sportsbooks, but the majority of bookmakers online Australia don’t have them. Instead, all members get some bonuses for backing up a specific horse, daily boosts, and a couple of bonus bets.
The majority of the promotions are for horse racing but there are some promos for NRL & AFL too. Note that, however, residents of Western Australia and South Australia cannot use any bonuses. If you reside in these states and want to use bonus offers, check our list of online bookmakers Australia for other options.
- Bonus Back Promos: If your horse runs second during selected races, you will win a bonus bet that is worth 50 AUD. Note that the amount of this bet is equal to your original stake, so it can be much lower – 50 AUD is the maximum limit. This bonus is available constantly but for different races each time.
- Bonus Bet Promos: This bonus is for futures bets. If you place a bet on the winner of NRL or AFL, the bookmaker will give you a bonus bet that is worth 100 AUD (maximum limit). Basically, you need to place a bet for the end of the season before that season starts. You cannot withdraw this bonus as it is just a virtual balance, but you can use it to place more bets. And if you win those, you can withdraw the payout without a wagering requirement. Note that, however, winnings from bonus bets are limited to 1.000 AUD. This bonus does not require any Realbookie deposit code.
- 5x Daily Boosts: Available for horse racing and greyhound racing only. The payout of the bet will be boosted by the bookmaker. This bonus can be claimed from the bet slip every day, up to 5 times. The actual boost rates differ for every race.
Realbookie Website & Payment Methods
The design of the website is similar to other new Australian bookmakers: simple and fast. In fact, when compared to other betting sites Australia, this may be the fastest one we have ever seen. There are almost no images so every page, even the ones that contain statistical data, load very fast. Navigation is not a problem as you can clearly see all the links. The top of the page is reserved for upcoming races so you can see all the events that will start in an hour.
The mobile version of the site uses the same design and works on all web browsers. You can even watch live streams from mobile without any problems. To contact support, you can only use email (betting @ realbookie.com.au) and live chat. Phone support is not available.
Payment Options & Payout Speed
Legal Australian bookies can only accept AUD to place a bet online Australia, and this is the case for Realbookie too. The following payment methods are supported for deposits and withdrawals:
- VISA and MasterCard (deposit only)
- POLi (deposit only)
- Bank Transfer (deposit and withdrawal)
The minimum limit for all deposit options is 10 AUD. If you have a bonus code (i.e., Realbookie deposit code) you can enter it on the payment screen. Withdrawals can only be done via direct bank transfers, and 20 AUD is the minimum limit of payouts. There is no information about the maximum withdrawal limit, but you can see how much you can withdraw on the relevant screen. All payouts are completed within 2 business days.
This is a modern bookmaker that does not offer a “download” option. In other words, it is like all other new betting sites Australia: you don’t need to download anything to play. Using a browser is more than enough on all platforms – everything is “instant play”.
Realbookie App on Android
The Android app can be downloaded from the Play Store, but you need to be physically in Australia to see it. The developer is Realbookie itself and the app includes all services available on the desktop site.
Realbookie App on iOS
The iOS app is available on the App Store and the developer is Realbookie. It comes with an iPad version and offers the same design & features as the Android app. You need at least iOS 11 to use it. At the time of this review, the app had a score of 3.9 (out of 5).
Safety & License of Realbookie
Realbookie is licensed by Racing Victoria and regulated by the Victorian Commission for Gambling. It is also a member of the VBA (Victorian Bookmakers Association). The website is protected by 256-bit SSL, and this applies to all pages.
- No sports analytics feature or detailed data about the events are offered. This is one of the classic “no-nonsense” Aussie bookmakers, you just get to place a bet. If you are looking for analytical data, you should check other resources.
- As is the case with all Aussie bookies, opening more than one account is prohibited.
- The terms and conditions do not contain a provision about arbitrage betting. However, the bookmaker says, “it will close all accounts immediately if they are used for defrauding Realbookie in any way”.
- Only punters 18 years old and over are accepted as members.
- As for responsible gaming, all members have access to self-exclusion tools via their profile pages. These tools can be used to set limits (i.e., a loss limit), take a break, or deactivate the account permanently.
Realbookie Pros & Cons
- Amazing coverage for horse racing & greyhound racing
- Simple, fast, and easy to use design
- Almost all races are live-streamed
- 5x daily boosted payouts for selected events
- A member of the Victorian Bookmakers Association
- No actual Realbookie deposit bonus or Realbookie promo code to use
- No e-sports betting
- Live betting is not available
How to register on the Realbookie website?
Open the home page and click the “join” button at the top right corner. Fill out the registration form and log in with your credentials. Due to laws, you must verify your identity within 14 days after the registration.
How to bet on sports with Realbookie?
Select a sport from the menu on the left. Check the list of all events for that sport and pick one. You will see the betting options and odds for that selection in the middle. Again, pick one and enter your stake to the bet slip – that’s it.
Is it possible to watch live streams of matches at bookmaker Realbookie?
Yes, but this is limited to horse racing and greyhound racing. Also, you can only watch these streams – you cannot place any (live) bets on them. Live betting service is not available.
How to get a bonus at bookmaker Realbookie?
The “daily boost” and “bonus back” offers are automatic and can be claimed from the bet slip. To get the “bonus bet” offers, you need to place futures bets for the 2022 AFL and NRL Premiership leagues.
Why is the Realbookie website not working?
Most possibly, the website is in maintenance, and this is a temporary problem. You can check the mirror websites first: if they are not working too, there is nothing you can do other than wait. Of course, don’t forget to check your internet connection too.