Unibet is actually the dream of a single man, Anders Ström. In 1997, Ström launched the company from his basement and gained a license in 1998. Today, it is a part of the multinational Kindred Group with other gambling brands, offering its services in 100+ countries to more than 11 million players. Unibet entered the Australian market in 2015 by purchasing BetChoice and Stan James. Today, it is one of the largest operators in the local market. In fact, if we prepare a list of online bookmakers Australia, it would be one of the top three brands.
While it offers a global service, Unibet AU can be used only from New Zealand and Australia. It is licensed by Australia's Northern Territory Government and the AU website is available in English only. Unibet is an official betting partner of AFL, NRL, PGA, The Rugby League, FFA, and Netball. It is also a sponsor of New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Eagles, Aston Villa, and Magnus Carlsen. The company is the owner of 14 industry rewards (including “Sportsbook of the Year”) and its betting margin is 5.0 for sports and 27.80% for horse racing. Both values are lower than the industry average.
Betting Markets of Unibet Australia
Unibet offers horse racing betting, sports betting, and e-sports betting. While Unibet racing seems to be the main focus of this operator, like many other Aussie bookies, it offers a satisfactory service in other markets too. Especially when compared to new Aussie bookmakers, the content of these markets is amazing. Supported markets, sports, and leagues of Unibet Australia are:
- Racing: Harness Racing, Greyhound Racing, Flat Racing
- E-Sports: CS:GO, CoD, DOTA 2, LoL
- Sports: Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, American Football, Australian Football, Soccer, Bandy, Baseball, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Floorball, F1, Futsal, Golf, Handball, Ice Hockey, Motorsports, Rugby, Snooker, Squash, Surfing, Table Tennis, MMA, Volleyball, WWE, Winter Sports
- Leagues: MLB, NBA, NFL, AFL, NRL, PGA, UEFA, NCAAB, Euro League, A-League, UFC, many more
You can also try your luck on political and novelty bets. NRL is the National Rugby League of Australia, which is going on since 1908. And A-League is the highest level of professional soccer league of Australia: it is available for both men and women. The overall sports & market coverage is very good and much better than many of the new Aussie bookies. 0.10 AUD is the minimum bet amount you can place. Betting odds can be viewed as decimal, fractional, or American.
Soccer, American Football, Australian Football, Rugby, and Futsal are available in this category. The content is more than satisfying - you can bet on more than a thousand football events almost every day. In fact, when it comes to Aussie Football, Unibet is one of the best betting agencies Australia you can find. Bets on NFL, AFC, CFL, NCAAF, and UEFA are accepted. You can also try your luck in European and international leagues, such as the Premier League, FA Cup, Serie B, A-League Men, A-League Women, Liga BetPlay Dimayor, Bundesliga, Super Lig, Turkiye Kupasi, and La Liga.
Esports betting is available, but it is offered only for Counter Strike Global Offensive, Call of Duty, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. All international leagues (i.e., ESL Pro, LEC, LCS) are supported and live streaming (via Twitch) is available too. However, if you want to bet on more games, you should check new betting sites AUS: they offer more quantity than Unibet.
Unibet also offers online casino games. In fact, it is one of the biggest operators in the iGaming industry. However, casino games are available on its international site only. Due to laws and regulations, licensed betting sites Australia cannot offer this gambling service to Aussies.
Just like casino games, the international website of Unibet offers poker games and a poker network. However, once again, Aussie bookmakers are prohibited from offering this service to Australian players.
Unibet Australia offers live betting for all the sports & markets listed above. In addition, it offers live streaming too: you can watch and place a bet for more than 400 events every week. In this regard, it offers much more than new Australian bookmakers: most of them are unable to offer live streaming. However, like all other Australian bookies, Unibet cannot accept live bets from its website. In other words, you cannot place a bet online Australia for live events – this is because of the local laws. To place a live bet, you need to call 13 PUNT (13 7868).
Unibet Registration and ID Verification
Licensed bookmakers Australia require you to create and verify an account to be able to place bets legally. This applies to Unibet too. You can click the “register” button on the main page to launch the registration form. The process consists of four steps, and it starts with your name, email, phone number, and date of birth. On the second page, you need to enter your address and country (only Australia and New Zealand are allowed).
The third page asks you to pick a password and a secret question. And on the last page, you can opt-in for bonuses or not. You can complete the Unibet login with your credentials right after but due to Australian laws, you need to verify your identity within 14 days. (This applies to all licensed online betting sites Australia.) This can be done electronically and automatically or by uploading a copy of your passport/driver's license and a utility bill. This process takes 24 hours to complete.
Unibet Sign Up Bonus & Other Promotions
There is no welcome bonus and/or a Unibet deposit bonus in the traditional sense. This is a common practice for all licensed Australian bookmakers. Instead, you get “boosts” for racing and sports betting. The content of these offers changes constantly. But to give you an idea, we are listing the promotional offers at the time of our review below. However, note that punters residing in South Australia cannot use any of these bonuses.
Unibet Racing Bonuses
- Extra Markets: This bonus offers extra betting markets every day, i.e., head-to-head, trainer, jockey, and bundle bets.
- Uniboost: The payout of your bet is increased by Unibet. Note that this bonus applies automatically to some races – you can see it on your bet slip.
- Dead Heat: If you placed a back bet on a winner or place-getter in a dead-heat, Unibet will still pay you the full dividend.
- Protest Payout: Even if your selection is relegated from first place to a loser, you will still get paid as a winner.
Unibet Sports Betting Bonuses
- Multi Boosts: For your 3+, 5+, 8+, and 12+ leg multis, the payout is boosted by 5%, 10%, 20%, and 30%, respectively. This bonus can be claimed directly from the bet slip. Note that it is automatically applied to all bets in NBA & EPL leagues.
Usability and Compatibility of Unibet Website & Payments
At first glance, the website of Unibet may seem “overcrowded” – the design is not as simple as many other bookmakers online Australia. However, once you get used to it, the website starts to become very practical and useful. The ribbon menu on the top has everything you need: quick links to available markets, live streams, your bets, bonuses, and live betting options Odds and markets can be seen easily and because betslip has a popup design, it does not take up space on the screen.
This applies to the mobile version of the site too. In fact, the mobile version has a more practical design with fewer page elements, so navigation is even easier. During our tests, we have managed to get a satisfying experience on all platforms, desktop and mobile. The support team talks English only and you can reach them with one of these methods:
- Live Chat (from 9.00 AM until 3.30 AM – AEDT)
- Email ([email protected])
- Phone (1300 246 673)
Payment Options & Payout Speed
Like all other licensed bookmakers Australia, AUD is the only currency you can use for deposits and withdrawals. The following payment methods are available:
- VISA (deposit and withdrawal)
- MasterCard (deposit only)
- PayPal (deposit and withdrawal)
- POLi (deposit only)
- Bank Transfer (withdrawal only)
The minimum deposit limit is 5 AUD for credit cards. For other methods, it is 20 AUD. All deposit options have a maximum limit of 2.000 AUD. There is no minimum withdrawal limit: as long as you have an active balance, you can withdraw it, no matter what the amount is. The maximum limit for withdrawals is 100.000 AUD but PayPal does not have a maximum limit. The average payout time is somewhere between 12 hours and 3 business days, depending on your chosen method. This period is on par with many other betting websites Australia.
There is no “download” option at Unibet. All services are instant and work on all kinds of web browsers. Just like new bookmakers Australia, this operator uses modern software that does not require downloading a program to work. If the device you are using (desktop or mobile) has a browser, you can use Unibet, simple as that.
Unibet App on Android
There is no Unibet app for Android. Note that this applies only to the Australian version of this sportsbook: the international website offers an Android app too. However, if you are in Australia and using an Android device, the mobile version of the website is your only option.
Unibet App on iOS
The mobile app for iOS devices can be downloaded from the App Store. The developer is Unibet itself. The app also has an iPad version and offers everything available on the desktop site. Its design is more practical, and you can even watch live streams.
Safety & Reliability of Unibet Australia
Unibet has a license from the Northern Territory Government of Australia. 256-bit SSL encryption is used on all pages of the website. In addition, this operator is a member of EGBA, IBIA, RGA, and eCOGRA.
- The “Smart Punter” and “Unibet Blog” sections of the website provide tips, tricks, and guides for all punters. Detailed sports analytics is also available.
- You cannot open more than one account and/or share your account with others.
- There is no provision about arbitrage and similar tactics, but Unibet states that any activity that may disrupt the functioning of the site will result in the closure of the relevant accounts.
- You must be at least 18 years old to open an account. This rule applies to all the old & new bookies Australia too.
- This bookmaker is a member of RGA (responsible Gaming Advocate). It provides all the necessary self-exclusion tools and lets you set up a deposit limit while creating a new account. Using these tools, you can limit your losses and bet times. You can also take a break for a while and deactivate your account for any period you like.
Unibet Pros & Cons
- One of the largest betting operators in the world
- Covers lots of markets & offers detailed data
- Live streaming is available
- You can get boosted payouts for selected races/bets every day
- A member of EGBA, IBIA, and eCOGRA
- E-sports betting is not impressive
- No actual welcome bonus and/or deposit bonus
How to register on the Unibet website?
You can open the registration form by clicking the “register” button on the home page. After creating an account, you also need to verify your identity within 14 days. This is a legal requirement.
How to bet on sports with Unibet?
The list of sports can be seen on the left side. Pick one, see all available events, and choose one. The odds and betting options offered by the bookie will be displayed in the middle. Pick one, enter your stake amount, and place your bet.
Is it possible to watch live streams of matches at bookmaker Unibet?
Yes, this bookmaker offers live streams for racing, sports betting, and e-sports betting. Each week, you can watch more than 400 events and place bets on them in real-time.
How to get a bonus at bookmaker Unibet?
At the time of our review, there was no welcome bonus or a reload bonus. Instead, you get daily boosts to payouts and these bonuses can be claimed from the betslip.
Why is the Unibet website not working?
The website may be in maintenance or there may be a technical error. Visit the mirrors of the website (i.e., use the mobile version) or wait for a while. You can still contact support using social media.